Monday, December 24, 2012

Noob Review: DE My Uzi Weighs a Ton +11

Drew Estate My Uzi Weighs a Ton +11, 5.5x52, NIC
Smoked: December 24, 2012. Rested 6 weeks, bombed to me, true age unknown.
Smoke Time: 1:30+
Pre-Light:  Dark mottled chocolate brown, no veins, one seam visible. Slight peeling on the cap, VERY heavy, packed tight and firm. Earthy tobacco and sweet spice smell.
Cold Draw:  Earthy, Black pepper. Firm draw, not too tight.\


First 3rd:  Getting better at my lighting, no bitterness at all. Very faint pepper at the start, with some charred wood and leather. Thick smoke. Some tart fruit flavors come in, kind of a dried berry flavor. I read about the dried berry flavors in a couple reviews but this is the first time I've been able to definitely pick them out, I'm excited! The smoke has a sweet/fruit scent to it as well. Slow straight burn.        Cigar is not nearly as strong as I was expecting... Very light on the pepper, but definite pepper on the retrohale. Ash held over an inch.


Second 3rd:  Not much change yet, but really enjoying this smoke. Burn is slightly wavy, but ok for now. Little bit of bitterness when I'm double puffing, but that's likely my fault for multi-tasking and neglecting my cigar... The pepper is still light, and the dried fruit/berry flavors are still noticeable, along with some sweet wood or cedar flavor perhaps? About halfway down the cigar, the pepper picked up a bit. I also clipped again due to some tar/nicotine buildup. Started with a V-Cut.

 Final 3rd:  Little more charred wood flavors, but mostly the flavors aren't changing much. There's something else faintly in and out that reminds me of a bittersweet cocoa, but more to the bitter than the sweet. So flavors are still mainly some sweet wood, dried fruit, and slight pepper. Burn required one touchup, ash held almost two inches.




8/10 - I've already jumped to the devil site and threw a bid on a bundle of 10. This was the first smoke I've had I could definitely narrow down the fruit flavors to berry (thought no more specific than that. I read a few reviews that said black/dark cherry, and that's probably in there, but just tart berry overall). The pepper was much lighter than I expected, and I really, really enjoyed this smoke. I've got a 7x60 resting, but Churchills really aren't my thing, and this has me really looking forward to trying the Baitfish also!

No comments:

Post a Comment