Monday, December 17, 2012

Noob Review: Drew Estate Java Maduro Corona

Drew Estate Java Maduro Corona, 5x42, NIC. Rested 2 weeks.
Smoked December 15, 2012
Smoke Time:   1:00
Pre-Light:   Wow! Very strong chocolate and coffee smell. Dark brown, a couple of veins, very oily, a little lumpy. The box-press makes this a square stick.
Cold-Draw:   Sweetened tip. Sweet barnyard and faint cocoa, not as strong as I expected.

First 3rd:   Good draw. The flavors are sweet, but very subtle. The smoke is very sweet smelling, my girlfriend even commented on how good the smoke smelled. I was seriously expecting to be lighting up a Folger's Hershey bar, it smelled that strong and sweet.
No real changes in flavor during the smoke, so my comments are more with construction now... I had several burn problems around the edges of the seam spiraling up the stick... and in the last third, the wrapper unraveled and came off completely.

You can see the wrapper starting to come off here. The binder held, and I kept smoking until it got too hot for me, but the chocolate aroma in the smoke mostly left with the wrapper.
There was the slightest bit of spice off and on in the second half, but very minor.




7.5/10
I really enjoyed this. I can definitely see a stock of these in my infusidor full time. I'm also definitely going to try the latte and Java Mint...

No comments:

Post a Comment